This bulletin covers announcements from NetFoundry, features released between December 2022 and March 2023, updates on openziti adopters, latest blogs, articles & customer spotlight interviews. Highlights include the launch of our new product “zrok” built on ziti and new features launched in CloudZiti such as service search by IP / host name/ port number, dial logs for endpoints and delete protection.
NetFoundry launches ZROK:
NetFoundry has launched zrok.io which is an open source sharing solution built on OpenZiti, the zero trust networking platform. Zrok is available as SaaS or self-hosted. zrok.io provides Private or Public, instant, secure tunneling of applications from anywhere. Secured effortlessly by using a zero trust overlay network provided by OpenZiti. Know more about zrok at the getting started page. If you are interested in trying out zrok on your device using the NetFoundry hosted ZROK instance, ping us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you an enrollment token.
New features launched in CloudZiti:
Service search by IP / Host Name/ports :
The service table in console now allows to search for services by the address (intercept / host) and ports ( intercept / host) . This is applicable for both the intercept and host addresses and ports. One can search for the addresses by selecting host name or IP address as how the services are configured.
Example – search for services by host name
Example – search for service address by IP address
Example – search for service address by ports or port ranges
Delete Protection by Org:
To prevent accidental deletion of resources in the console, a new feature of delete protection has been launched. In the current version, delete protection is applied at the org level. This means that all networks under an org and its resources will be protected.
One can delete protection by going to the Organization – > Organizational settings
Example of a delete protection prompt :
“Managed by indicator” for endpoints:
The endpoints table now has a column “Managed” which is an indicator to identify endpoints created by integrations ( client sync with AD) or by routers (router endpoint).
Example: Managed by integrations
Example: Managed by router
Note – the CSV download does not include this data and is the pipeline for development.
Endpoint last seen date and time filter
The last seen column under the endpoints table now has a filter that allows you to filter endpoints by the last seen time / date. Example – if you apply the last seen date as 1st March 2023, the endpoints that are last seen since 1st Match 2023 would be listed.
Dial logs for endpoints:
Dial logs are available now under the endpoint details
The support guide explaining the use of dial logs, error codes and description is here.
Hosting entity metrics is now available via our API:
We have added support for metrics data for hosting entities to our API and the new fields to look for in the utilization data are
nf_host_id - Hosting endpoint ID
nf_host_name - Hosting Endpoint Name
Updates openziti adopters, latest blogs, articles & videos:
NetFoundry and our customers have been working together on the journey of application / solution embedded zero trust networking that is the most secure of all the zero trust network models.
- In this customer spotlight session with deltasecure, CEO Dominic, shares insights on how they use NetFoundry’s Zero Trust overlay to ensure secure logging to their SOC and prevent data leaks for SIEM / SOAR integrarions.
- On yet another interesting customer spotlight session, Chris and Blake from Intrusion explain how they have integrated NetFoundry’s zero trust networking in to their Shield product.
- How to make a Mulesoft API dark – this blog written by one of the openziti community evangelists and CTO of SPS, Rolando, explains how Ziti can secure APIs by making them dark to the internet with the example of a mulesoft API.
- New members listed under OpenZiti adopters:
- Resulticks, a customer data platform provider
- Delta Secure, a security consulting, SOC and implementation provider.
Articles , updates and software releases:
- The following solution recipes are added:
- Follow our ziti releases at – https://github.com/openziti/ziti/releases
- Updated WDE released – https://github.com/openziti/desktop-edge-win/releases
- Updated Linux tunneler released (check that your ERs and controller are on the same version as the tunneler) – https://github.com/openziti/ziti-tunnel-sdk-c/releases
- Watch the announcements space for updates about open issues or things that impact our services.
Watch our youtube channel and openziti channel for updates, demos and all exciting stuff on NetFoundry. If you are interested in our “Browzer” solution , zrok.io, or if you have any feedback about these features, please contact us at email@example.com. You can also reach out to us on the same email address if you would like to participate in the customer spotlight sessions.