Technical Support Engineer – Customer Support – India Remote
NetFoundry is the leader in Cloud Native Networking, enabling businesses to simply, securely and cost effectively connect distributed applications across edges, clouds and service meshes. The NetFoundry platform, delivered as NaaS, enables businesses to connect applications without the costs and complexity of VPNs, custom hardware and private circuits. NetFoundry’s platform offers zero trust agile networks for embedded edge networking and app embedded networking. The platform is accessed via APIs, SDKs and DevOps tools integrations, enabling practitioners, application developers, and network administrators to get the levels of automation and agility which are only possible with connectivity-as-code. NetFoundry is headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina and operates across the globe.
NetFoundry is looking for smart, energetic people who are aspiring to work on some of the world’s latest technologies in the field of software defined networking. Selected candidates will be given equal learning opportunities to build their career path at NetFoundry.
The candidate is expected to work as a technical support engineer for NetFoundry, a leading Zero Trust NAAS provider operating globally.
The candidate should possess broad functional knowledge in his/her domain and technical knowledge in relevant software defined network operations. The candidate should have proven expertise in working within a team for Network operational support and remediation activities.
- • As a technical support engineer, will be accountable for resolving service issues affecting customer experience
- • Knowledge & working experience of WAN / LAN networking including software defined networks and cloud networking in AWS/GCP/Azure.
- • Support, maintain & improve customer experience.
- • Resolve or escalate incidents/problems/SR per established procedures
- • Responsible for tracking and progress-chasing of incidents to conclusion & in-line with SLA and quality standards
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- • A minimum of a bachelor’s Degree is required in Engineering / computer science
- • 2-5 years’ experience performing various tasks in Network Operations and Troubleshooti
- • 2-5 years’ experience in configuring/administrating software defined networks, cloud networking, security products, cloud native security solutions etc. Skills -Software defined networking: Clear understanding of SDN concepts, solution design and deployment, trouble shooting. Security: Understanding and working knowledge of firewalls, ACLs, cloud network security in AWS / Azure/ GCP etc. Cloud/ Virtualization : Working knowledge of AWS / Azure / GCP such as VMs, VPCs/ network gateways/ storage etc
- • Ready to work in 24/7/365 environment with rotational shifts (APAC, EMEA, US)
- • Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with excellent presentation skills.
- • Candidates with Certifications in Azure/AWS / GCP or in SDN / Phython / Ansible / Terraform are preferred.
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- • Preferred candidate with strong Software defined networking and cloud security experience from SDWAN / Cloud based security soln providers ( Product organizations)
- • Knowledge of scripting language like Python, Ansible, tools like Jenkins, Terraform etc will be an added advantage
- • Good knowledge of Incident Management/Change management/Problem Management processes.
- • Experience working in globally distributed team.